Our Performing Arts Combo sessions are one of our most popular sessions. Young People aged 3-21 have the opportunity to participate in a three hours of Dance, Singing, Drama.
We operate two Performing Arts Schools for our Performing Arts Combo Sessions - one on Saturday (14:00-17:00) and Sunday (11:00-14:00).
Aims and Objectives of each Performing Arts Combo class can be found below:
Dance is an expressive art subject where students are able to develop skills in technical training and allows their creativity to run wild in choreography and improvisational classes. Students will take part in classes where they will develop technique and musicality in various dance styles, including: Street Dance, Commercial Dance, Hip Hop and more. Students will also benefit from workshops taught by Dance Professionals. Students will work on their technique is the Autumn & Winter terms and will work on a performance piece, for an Annual Showcase, in the Spring & Summer Terms. Our Dance classes are designed to nurture your existing skills and lead you into experiencing dance, as you have never done before.
Aims of Dance Lessons:
- To gain confidence and skills
- To develop posture, coordination and dance techniques
- To provide a fun and energetic session
- To develop the relevant skills required in order to reach a high level of acceptance for professional industry productions
Platinum Dance Syllabus
All students will be taught the Platinum Dance Syllabus during a term in order to work towards them gaining a dance qualification that will help them with future auditions, performances and industry colleges.
The aims of our syllabus are to provide students with a grading system that allows for structured progression and development in various genres of dance and to improve the ten components of fitness, whilst encouraging a healthy, active lifestyle. Our syllabus is suitable for students taking part in dance as a recreational activity or for those who wish to pursue a career as a performer, teacher or choreographer in the industry of performing arts. There are ten levels to assess the development of students, starting from ‘Pre-Entry Level’ to ‘Gold Advanced’.
Objectives of the Platinum Dance Syllabus:
The objectives of our syllabus are to:
- Gain knowledge of a various styles of dance.
- Develop technical capability.
- Gain knowledge of dance-specific vocabulary.
- Improve fitness levels.
- Promote expression through music and creativity.
- Improve spatial awareness.
- Develop performance skills.
- Encourage a better sense of rhythm and musicality.
- Increase self-confidence and value of others.
- Improve audition skills.
Drama is the foundation of the Performing Arts industry. It is a subject where students are able to develop a talent and increase in confidence, skill and technique. Our fun-filled Drama lessons allow students to refine their skills in different departments of the Drama industry: Acting, Script Writing, Script Reading, Directing, Improvisation and more. Students will also have the opportunity to enter a London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) Drama Examination. Students will also be taught alongside the LAMDA Drama Syllabus in the Autumn & Winter Terms, and will the work on a performance piece, for an Annual Showcase, in the Spring & Summer Terms.
AIMS OF DRAMA LESSONS:
- Develop self-confidence
- Develop Performance Skills
- Build Communication Skills
- Develop the use of positive Body Language
- Develop Vocal Clarity
- Develop Intonation and Project
- Acquire Stage Presence
- Gain Skills and Techniques in Script Learning
- Develop acting skills required to create different characters
Singing is an enjoyable subject where students are able to develop their singing techniques in order to successfully improve their singing performance. Our singing lessons are designed to benefit students in developing self-confidence to sing as part of a group and as a solo artist. As well as getting students to become familiar with breathing exercises, students will also be taught to a well-known and appropriate song to sing in their class in order to put their singing techniques into practice. Students will work on their technique is the Autumn & Winter terms and will work on a performance piece, for an Annual Showcase, in the Spring & Summer Terms.
AIMS OF SINGING LESSONS:
- To develop singing techniques
- To introduce technical breathing exercises
- To be able to blend as part of a chorus group, or project as a solo artist
- To apply the appropriate skills to develop an exceptional singing performance