Modern Jazz is a performance dance technique and style. Platinum Performing Arts' Modern Jazz classes are enjoyable sessions that allow our students to develop dance movements reaching to a broad choice of varying rhythms and music styles. This dance genre incorporates unique moves, elaborate footwork, rapid turns, large leaps to compliment the theatrical value of this dance form.
Students participate in weekly classes that are ideal for students who have a passion for dance and are wanting to pursue into the performance industry.
Modern Jazz - Aims + Objectives
- Development of fluidity in dance movements
- Promote the understanding and use of dance terminology
- Understanding of rhythm and its development
- Appreciation of audience and sense of performance
- Encourage an artistic sense of self-expression
- Encourage creative use of rhythm and movement
- Promote self confidence in performance and as a solo artist
- Gain a good sense of line through the body, arms and head