Our Ballet classes support the ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing) Ballet Syllabus. Teaching the syllabus allows our students to take part in some of the nine practical assessment standards, starting with Pre-Primary, Primary and Standards 1 to 6, and Higher Standards 7 and 8. In order to indicate the increasing order of difficulty – 8 represents the highest level of attainment. The assessment is pre-arranged by the Imperial Ballet Faculty, to music commissioned to stimulate and educate the child’s musical knowledge, and feeling of interpretation.
Ballet is the core for all Dance genres and prepares our students who wish to pursue into the Performing Arts Industry. It is a well respected dance form where students develop technique and skills in Ballet, with a focus on the alignment of the body and the structure of each individual component.
Aims and Objectives of our Ballet Classes
- Develop an assured and confident sense of performance
- Develop technical accuracy, whether based upon classical or character work
- Ability to understand spatial awareness
- Where applicable, involvement within the character with convincing mime and assured use of properties
- Correct alignment and placing of the body to the best of the individual physical facility
- Appropriate use of the limbs, with an understanding of the purpose of each exercise, thus developing motor skills
- Sense of line and coordination of movement
- Rhythmic and musical awareness
- An appreciation of artistry, both in own movement and that of others